+ Laureil (Lauren/Neil)
( I like you just the way you are...Collapse )
1. What is your full name?
2. Do you have a nickname?
3. How old were you when you started to dance?
5 years old
4. Do you have any formal dance training? If so, please provide details regarding training.
I grew up as a competition kid, and then trained at Chautaqua Institution for ballet for 3 summers. I also went to Point Park University as a dance major for a year.
5. If you had to categorize your dance style, what would it be (hip hop, ballet, tap etc…)?
6. What other talents/hobbies do you have?
Playing volleyball, I was MVP of my high school volleyball team in my junior and senior year.
7. Who is your favorite professional dancer?
Charlie Hodges as well as anyone from Times They Are A-Changin.
8. Does anyone in your family dance professionally? Nope
9. Have you performed in musical theater or in public functions as a dancer?
Yes, I got my equity card last summer at Pittsburgh. I performed in Beauty and the Beast, Grease, 42 nd Street and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. I was also on Broadway in the fall performing in the show The Times They Are A-Changin.
10. What would you like to see happen to you as a result of the show?
I want to use this show as a springboard for the rest of my career. I just can’t wait to use this exposure to its fullest extent
11. Where would you like to be in 10 years and what would you like to be doing?
I have no idea what will happen in 10 years, a lot could change. I’m excited to see what will happen.
12. What has been your most memorable dance experience?
Dancing on Broadway in The Times They Are A-Changin was the greatest experience ever. This show will always be the show that stays closest to my heart.